Click on any photo to see it larger.

Saturday, July 24, 2010





We have this little game we play, the grandkids and I...as I tuck them in, I ask them "What was YOUR favorite part of today?" I ask them and they ask me. Sometimes we add in what was your worst part of today.

We always have so many things that we did each day, that it is fun to hear from them what their best part was. This week, we got to ride horses at Aunt Lindy's, hot tub at Great Grandma and Grandpa McCool's place, have lunch with them and Aunt Cyndi three times, play with my friend Pat's grand daughter, have a fire every night and make smores while we drink our lattes together, go see 'Despicable Me', and the biggie, on Wednesday, the plan was that we were going up to the Alpine Slide on Mt. Hood. It was a blast! They not only got to slide down the 1/2 mile slides, the got to ride up on the ski lift for their first time, jump on a giant trampoline, ride go carts, ride tiny canoes, mini golf, inner tube slide, hit balls in a real batting cage...the list goes on, they really have a fun set up there.

But MY favorite part of the WEEK was not any of that. Mine was on Wednesday morning. The kids had been telling me that we could not eat breakfast, that we needed to go to McDonald's. They never just ask to go out for breakfast, that was weird to me. We worked it out so that on the way to the mountain, we would stop in and have breakfast. As we headed up to the counter, Emily, so in control and grown up said..."Just find a place to sit down...WE ARE TAKING CARE OF IT!" I was like, "WHAT?, well, OK, here is some money go ahead.." She said, no way to the money, that she and Joshua were paying! I was not about to let them pay for it, but they were determined, Joshua grabbed my hand and started pulling me to a table and said he would guard me there, and told Emily to go on. And he did, he just sat there giggling while we waited for Emily to return. She came back with three sausage McMuffins and three boxes of something I had not seen before...THAT was the surprise...something that they had had with their Dad and just KNEW that I would love. Cinna Melt is what I think they called it. And they were right, it WAS good! So THAT is what my favorite thing of the week was...not that they bought my breakfast...but that they thought up a surprise FOR ME...that was so cool! It is so amazing to see them so grown up!

My WORST part of the week? Having to take them home on Friday!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment