Click on any photo to see it larger.

Monday, June 7, 2010


We went to Newport for the weekend. John ran a marathon on Saturday morning. He was really happy with his time: 3:50:40. It has been raining and raining here this spring and it was raining all day on Friday, but Saturday morning, we woke up to beautiful clear skies. A great day for a run. Especially since he was the one that got up at the crack of dawn to run it, while we slept and leisurely got up to sip on lattes.
As it turns out, the house we rented was right on the course, and they ran past our house two times at the beginning of the race, so we got to sit there in our lawn and see him run.



We loaded into the car and headed to the finish line a couple hours later on, we dropped Joshua off about 2 miles from the finish line and he ran in with his Dad.












After the race, we went to the tide pools. We always like looking at all the things that live there, but this time, I had an extra bonus. Of course I had my camera and I wandered a ways past where everyone else was congregated, somehow, I didn't even notice some little signs posted that told everyone not to pass....REALLY! I did not see the signs....and so I got all the way to the end of the beach, and I remember thinking, WOW! Why aren't more people down here? I saw some waves crashing up on some rocks, so I climbed up to get some better shots of the waves and on my way up, I noticed on the wall behind me...sea gulls nesting...so cool, I have never seen nesting seagulls. But an even better surprise was in store for me... SEA LIONS!!! Right there ahead of me, there they were laying in the sun...but to make it even better, a BABY! He was in the water and making all kinds of noise trying to get up where his mother was laying. Finally he made it up and started nursing, I took so many pictures. I decided I better get back to the group, since they had not seen me slip away...and there behind me was a park ranger telling me that I was out of bounds and was not supposed to be there! I think that maybe she believed me as we walked back and I showed her how I got to where I was....there really is a way that does not go by those little signs. Oh well, I got great pictures!!!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment