Click on any photo to see it larger.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

CHRISTMAS HAS OFFICIALLY LEFT THE HOUSE! I packed up Christmas and put it all away today. It is always so much fun to get out everything and fix it all up for the holidays, but so nice to get it back to normal again too. But it is not quite as much fun putting it all away as it was to get it out. I use this time to really get things clean...instead of spring cleaning, I do after Christmas cleaning.

Last Christmas, I put a bunch of photos on here of my decorations. There was one decoration I didn't add last year. I don't know why. Some years are like that, maybe I didn't add my little eggs to the tree last year. I made these the first year I got married. I thought it was pretty clever of me blowing out those eggs and fixing them up. John had to eat a ton of scrambled eggs that first year. I remember being pretty proud of them. Looking at them now...they pretty much look like grade school art class...well, OK, primary school art class. After we got the tree decorated that first year with all my crafty eggs, stings of popcorn, bread dough art, thistle mice and nut angels, etc, etc, etc...John and I went in to do some Christmas shopping and I was so ticked off at him! He BOUGHT some red and blue balls to hang on the tree! I was so mad that he was not quite as impressed with my eggs...all 4 dozen of them, as I was. But now....looking at the remaining dozen...I can see WHY he wanted a few uncrafty decorations on the tree.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Have some eggs that my Mom made when was in grade school. There on the tree every year even tho they are beginning to show there age.

    ReplyDelete