Click on any photo to see it larger.

Monday, April 20, 2009

happy birthday to me!!!
It was a great birthday. Abby was here for a conference in Portland all week, so we started out my birthday celebrations with a pedicure from the two of them on Wednesday. I have the prettiest toes! sparkly red polish with white flowers with silver sparkly centers. On Saturday, I invited everyone over to say goodbye to Abby and also celebrate my birthday. I made my recipe for ribs...mmm...and a few salads and hobo potatoes. I had two recipes for a cakes that I have been wanting to try, and could not decide which to make, so I made them both. Along with the cake, I made homemade chocolate, banana, coconut, almond ice cream. Good thing I made the ice cream, because the cakes were a disappointment.
The next morning since Abby had to get up early to head to the airport, I took off and met up with Bonnie and we then drove to Woodburn and met up with Rachel and Emily and the 4 of us headed to the tulip fields for early morning shots. We had hoped to make it there in time for the balloon launch, but didn't quite make it. We saw one there, but the others were off in the horizon as we drove up. Oh well, the tulips made up for it 100%! I took over 300 pictures! Once I got home, I got myself ready and went to Spanish church, then came home, found the last of the champagne from the night before and topped it off with some orange juice and sat in the amazing 80 degree sunshine to enjoy it. When John got home, we mowed the yard and went to Tad's for dinner. As we parked, I was so surprised to see that there stood Mom and Dad. I thought "What a coincidence!" but discovered John had called them to meet us there. It was a good birthday. I am pretty spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment