Click on any photo to see it larger.

Sunday, March 29, 2009


I spent all day Saturday at the Red Cross instructing a class. Client Casework: Providing Emergency Assistance. It is a class to learn how to fill out all of the forms we use when we give out assistance to somebody in a disaster, either in a local fire or on a larger national disaster. The Red Cross has so many forms that have to be filled out to account for the money and they require them to be filled out the uniformly across the nation, so we have a standard guide we follow to teach everyone exactly how the form should be done. It is kind of an overwhelming class to be in. There is so much information to process. But I kept telling them over and over to not worry, once they are actually out on a call, it will all make sense and not seem so confusing when you realize how to put it all to use.
I still can't believe that I teach now. When I first began with the Red Cross, at one of the orientation classes I took, we were told all the ways we can be involved. One of them was teaching and I sat there thinking to myself, "there is no way that I would get up in front of a group and teach!" Now here I am. But it is so easy! Client Casework is what I love to do and it is just a simple thing to pass on the information that I have learned over the time I have volunteered there.
But I still need to get up the nerve to donate blood. Last time I did that was at a blood drive in high school...when it was over and I stood up, I nearly fainted and had to lay down.

No comments:

Post a Comment